Friday, October 12, 2007

Floating Ideas!

Continuing from where I left off yesterday, the aftermath of turmoil gave way to some of that floating fluff that we all tend to do fill our heads with when we want to escape harsh reality - it's called dreams!

My drive to work and home is a fairly long one - 22 kms one way. It should ideally take 25 - 30 mins to travel. However road reality is vastly different. It can take anywhere from 60 mins to 180 mins. If you're feeling sympathy for me, please do. I feel miserable most times myself.

Now since I have a lot of time to kill (and kill is a four letter word that occurs frequently when I'm driving), I do what I am fairly good at (perhaps like the rest of humanity too). I dream.

Of course these last few evenings have been spent driving around with sobs racking my not so mean and lean frame. It's not too hard to guess why I've been consumed with looking teary eyed et al.

So these floating ideas have been really about him and I.

Floating Idea 1:
Driving in the car with him beside me and I'm the driver - listening to some wonderfully uplifting and sunny songs - Rubaru from RDB, or Yun Hi Chala from Swades or some English numbers - a medley of songs you know

Floating Idea 2:
Having a bottle of wine (he likes wine) and a pitcher of shandy (I like shandy) and settling in front of this huge LCD (ok maybe not so huge) with some great movies and watching it all night long

Floating Idea 3:
Sitting atop those open double-deckered buses and doing a Bangalore darshan at our own pace.

Floating Idea 4:
Playing scrabble and I beating him hollow (and I mean like by a huge margin) after which of course he gets totally irritated and I have to kiss and make up.

Floating Idea 5:
With friends at a dinner. Something someone says causes him/ me some hurt. He clasps my hand and looks at me and queries, 'You ok?' or I look at him and kiss the corner of his mouth impulsively.

Ok ok...I have lots of such floating ideas and 5 is a good number to start with.But am beginning to wonder if there's a point to it. I mean it's nice to dream, to float but when one has to come back to reality with a THUD! it hurts. And how! But then without dreams what is life!

And I like to dream because I think if I dream hard enough I can make it happen. And so one lives on yet another floating idea :).

He's so precious to me...if only he knew. But even if he did, how can he help it if he doesn't care as much or feels the same way? Sigh! I don't want to think about it, because I can feel the sobs coming!

Floating is so much fun!

No comments: